lundi 16 août 2010

gra - no - la

i just came back from two and half weeks in gluten-free, avocado-filled, burrito-haven california.

generally when i travel, i get inspired (or re-inspired) to undertake personal projects.

let's just say, my first project upon my return to paris ... was extremely simple. and DELICIOUS.

can someone say homemade granola ?

you mix oats, nuts, honey, and whatever else you want together => and then bake it for about 20-30 minutes, mixing it around every ten minutes or so. (add dry fruit at the end)

so easy, right?

well... i kind of messed up the first time.



fyi, granola cooks quickly!

but i did a second take and it came out much better.


(those black spots are raisins)

et voila! and my personal mix was oats, honey, almond flakes, raisins, cinnamon, and to give it a bit of a kick ... beurre salé ! (butter with large chunks of sea salt)


3 commentaires:

Nathan Gilbert a dit…

I've been making homemade granola for the past year! It's so rewarding and money-saving. I recommend using maple syrup instead of honey and thowing in some brazil nuts!

alkidél a dit…

you were so the one who told me about it last november! and i only just got around to it...

i dedicate this article to nathan gilbert.

Anonyme a dit…

I took AlkiDel's advice on the quinoa and barbecue sauce and I will never doubt her again! I'm trying the granola this weekend! Keep 'em coming!